Types Of Complaints
You will need to identify the product or service you are complaining about within the complaint form. Below is a list of the type of complaints the Department handles:
- Insurance Premium Rate Increase - Don't click "Begin"! If you are a policyholder looking to submit an insurer's application for a rate increase, use our Health Insurance Rate Filings Portal instead.
- Insurance - Any complaint involving an insurance product offered in New York State, including, but not limited to, health insurance, life insurance, property and casualty insurance and auto insurance.
- Banking/Mortgage - Any complaint involving a New York State licensed mortgage banker, mortgage broker, mortgage loan originator or mortgage loan servicer.
- Banking/Non-Mortgage - Any complaint, other than those that are mortgage related, involving a New York state licensed bank or lender, including, but not limited to, community and regional banks, sales finance companies, budget planners, student loans and credit cards.
- Vacant Property - Any complaint involving the maintenance status of a vacant and abandoned home in foreclosure.